Sexual Trauma Services of the Midlands is always honored to benefit from drives and collection projects. Your help makes it possible for us to serve survivors of sexual violence. We have a variety of needs that you can help us meet. We always need clothing, journals, art supplies, and office products.
During the process of receiving medical treatment and reporting their assault, the survivor’s clothing is typically collected for evidence. Sexual Trauma Services of the Midlands believes that each survivor should have access to new, unused clothing to replace these items and allow them to leave the hospital in comfort. We accept donations of the following items of new (with tags) clothes for survivors of sexual assault:
- Packs of underwear
- Sports bras (all sizes)
- Yoga or sweat pants with elastic waist bands (S, M, L, XL, XXL, 3XL)
- Short sleeve plain shirts (S, M, L, XL, XXL, 3XL)
- Clothing for men and children
- Flip flops (all sizes)
If you are interested in donating other items, STSM would greatly appreciate:
- Gift cards (to stores like Target or Walmart) for survivor clothing or Volunteer Advocate Training supplies
- Writing journals for clients to use in therapy
- Crafts (fabric, paint, paint brushes) for art therapy
- Office Supplies
STSM is happy to work with groups who would like to organize a clothing or supply drive! Contact our Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-790-8208 to arrange an event or to drop off a donation.