- About Us
Mission, Vision & Philosophies
STSM Mission: Sexual Trauma Services of the Midlands supports survivors in recovery from the trauma associated with sexual assault and abuse and educates the community to identify and prevent sexual violence.
STSM Vision: Sexual Trauma Services of the Midlands helps survivors of sexual trauma heal. Ultimately, we will end sexual violence in our community.
- We respect individuals and their confidentiality, diversity and self determination. We believe in delivering high quality services in a caring and non-judgmental manner.
- We believe survivors of sexual assault and abuse need immediate access to information and emotional support.
- We value open communication, trust, support, autonomy and development which empowers individuals to realize their full potential and creates co-operative spirit.
- We value our volunteers, their willingness to serve, and their spirit.
- We believe in effecting change in societal attitudes and beliefs about the issue of sexual assault and abuse through education and collaboration with educational, medical, civil and criminal justice systems and other community organizations.
- We are good stewards of the resources entrusted to us and value our donors.