- About Us
STSM is currently looking for an office manager, advocate counselor, marketing coordinator, and community education assistant.
Check out the full descriptions below!
Job Title: Office Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
Salary Range: $32,500-$34,500 (with generous benefits package)
Qualifications: 4-6 years office management and administration experience/or equivalent combination of education and experience. QuickBooks Accounting Software – minimum of 4 years utilizing QuickBooks to manage accounts payable/accounts receivable and full payroll processing, including quarterly and annual payroll tax returns. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word. Nonprofit and grants management experience a plus.
General Summary of Duties: Responsible for general office management of Sexual Trauma Services including administrative, financial, and technical responsibilities.
- Coordinates and directs administrative support functions
- Maintains agency records
- Implements office policies and procedures
- Purchases and maintains supplies and equipment
- Handles service contracts and calls
- Provides technical support (phone and computer system) to employees
- Maintains staff annual and sick leave records
- Arranges employee and consultant training
- Prepares and maintains employee and consultant files and forms
- Performs functions of benefits administrator
- Prepares documentation and assists in response to employee claims and reference checks
Financial and Grants Management:
- Prepares and processes payroll, taxes, IRA payments, and payroll tax forms
- Writes all checks and maintains documentation of monthly income and expense transactions
- Tracks financial records through the use of accounting software
- Prepares monthly and quarterly grant requests for payments
- Monitors and maintains financial records associated with restricted funds and government grants
- Reviews and assesses monthly financial reports and works closely with auditor on yearly audit
- Prepares quarterly revenue and expense projections and monthly cash flow reports as requested
- Reconciles monthly income and expenses through QuickBooks
- Tracks donations, both financial and in-kind
- Assists in fiscal year budget preparations
*Sexual Trauma Services of the Midlands prides itself on a fast-paced, highly-efficient team environment. We value open communication, support, autonomy, and development for staff, volunteers, and clients, leading to the realization of full individual potential and a cooperative spirit. Please email resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Resumes accepted until position is filled.
Job Title: Advocate Counselor
Reports to: Director of Therapy and Outreach
Salary: $35,000-$37,000 (with generous benefits package)
Qualifications: A master’s degree in social work, counseling, or a related field and a minimum of two years of experience in counseling; experience working with sexual assault/abuse survivors preferred. Must possess SC clinical licensure or be in process.
General Summary of Duties: To enhance and expand comprehensive services for survivors of sexual assault/abuse to include individual and group therapy, crisis intervention, information and referrals, and advocacy within the criminal justice system.
- Provides full range of therapeutic services to include crisis, individual, group counseling and referrals for survivors of sexual assault/abuse and their family members using agency-selected, evidence-based best practice therapy models;
- Provides case management services to include maintenance of client files for assigned case load;
- Assists clients with legal and personal advocacy when appropriate;
- Assist crisis staff in hospital accompaniment and crisis calls as needed in the office and in the after-hours on-call rotation;
- Ensures quality assurance of client services by tracking and monitoring client retention and satisfaction with services;
- Ensures grant objectives are met and documented;
- Prepares monthly reports, quarterly reports, and annual progress reports for funding grant;
- Attends weekly clinical supervision;
- Participates in weekly crisis and clinical team meetings and bi-monthly staff meetings;
- Promotes STSM services through participation on community based task forces and events; and
- Completes other duties as assigned or required by grantors or directed by agency’s strategic plan.
*Sexual Trauma Services of the Midlands advocates for and supports survivors of sexual assault and abuse and educates the community to identify and prevent sexual violence. Resumes accepted until position is filled. If interested, please email a cover letter, resume, writing sample or example of collateral design, and references to Sherry Lewis, Director of Therapy and Outreach at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
STSM is excited to announce two brand new positions! Our new strategic plan sets goals for us to implement fee-for-service programs and to create and implement creative marketing campaigns that will help to end sexual violence. Help lead us in an exciting time of growth and development! Our new Marketing Coordinator and Community Education Assistant will be vital parts of the teams creating these innovative new programs.
Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Development Coordinator
Location: Columbia, SC
Salary: $30,000-$33,000 (generous benefits package including 401(k) 3% match after one year employment)
The Marketing Coordinator is charged with primary responsibility for implementing the organization’s marketing plan, generated as part of a strategic plan process. Position is responsible for leading the execution and evaluation of comprehensive and strategic marketing and PR programs to promote and enhance STSM’s brand. The Marketing Coordinator works closely with the Executive Director and the Development Coordinator to enhance and support the overall mission of the organization and to ensure that STSM is recognized as a leading expert in sexual violence prevention and in serving survivors of sexual violence.
Bachelor’s degree and minimum two years of marketing experience – specifically with creation of collateral materials. Candidate should be goal-, detail-, and results-oriented. Must be experienced in proofreading, basic graphic design, developing media contacts, and public relations. Ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial thinker who enjoys a creative challenge.
Campaigns and Communications (80%)
- Ensures that the organization’s mission, vision, and brand standards are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization
- Implement marketing plan to include:
- Oversight and production of all external communications including annual report, quarterly newsletter, and other collateral material
- Build strategy to promote and implement major projects, including new programs and collaborative ventures
- Inventory, update, and distribution of all print and web communication
- Creation of strategy and content for inbound marketing tools
- Lead external campaigns to enhance the recognition of crisis intervention, counseling, and education programs with service providers and potential clients
- Write press releases and other promotional materials to increase awareness
- Pitch stories and build relationships with local media contacts
- Maintain media contact lists
Special Events (10%)
- Participate in the planning and coordination of events for the organization, including all Sexual Assault Awareness Month events and other events throughout the year
- Responsible for photography and videography of trainings and special events
- Assist Board of Directors with event marketing as needed
Community Outreach (10%)
- Assist Volunteer Services Coordinator and Community Education Director in training Speakers Bureau volunteers to provide community outreach
- Schedule speaking opportunities and agency fairs and coordinate Speakers Bureau staffing of outreach events
- Package appropriate collateral for distribution at outreach events
*Sexual Trauma Services of the Midlands advocates for and supports survivors of sexual assault and abuse and educates the community to identify and prevent sexual violence. Resumes accepted until position is filled. If interested in the Marketing Coordinator position, please email a cover letter, resume, writing sample or example of collateral design, and references to Mary Dell Hayes, Development Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Job Title: Community Education Assistant
Reports To: Community Education Director (CED)
Salary: $25,000. This is a part-time position for 30 hours/week, and no benefits will be offered. The CEA will be compensated for travel related to job functions.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in social work, public health, or a related field with one year youth-focused teaching experience;
- Experience in public speaking and/or presenting workshops in diverse communities;
- A passion for social justice issues and commitment to ending violence;
- Experience in the field of primary prevention preferred;
- Experience in the field of sexual assault and/or intimate partner violence preferred;
- Computer skills required, including Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook;
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work independently as well as part of a team; and
- Strong organizational skills, punctuality, cultural competency, professionalism, and written and oral communication skills.
General Summary of Duties:
To assist with the implementation and evaluation of practice- and evidence-based violence prevention strategies and awareness activities to youth-focused audiences throughout Lexington, Richland, Newberry, and Sumter Counties.
- Uphold STSM’s mission to advocate for and support survivors of sexual assault and abuse and educate the community to prevent and recognize sexual violence.
- Provide superb delivery of prevention education curriculum in a variety of settings, including youth and adult audiences.
- Assist CED in contacting and contracting with schools and community groups to implement Prevention Education Programs;
- Administer assessments to program participants and maintain data entry and documentation for each presentation;
- Represent agency at education and outreach events on weekends or after hours; and
- Other duties as assigned or required by grantors.
*Resumes accepted until position is filled. If interested in the Community Education Assistant position, please email a cover letter, resume, and references to Kayce Singletary, Community Education Director at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in Sexual Trauma Services of the Midlands. Please visit our site again for future job postings that may relate to your experience and talents. We are always accepting new volunteer applications. Volunteering can be a great way to get to know more about STSM and gain experience to benefit your career path.