- About Us
Prevention Education Coordinator
Reports To: Community Education Director (CED)
Salary: $30,000-$33,000 (includes health benefits and 401(K) with 3% match after one year of employment)
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in public health, education or macro social work plus one year youth-focused teaching experience;
- Experience in public speaking and/or presenting workshops in diverse communities;
- A passion for social justice issues and commitment to ending violence;
- Experience in the field of primary prevention preferred;
- Experience in the field of sexual assault and/or intimate partner violence preferred;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work independently as well as part of a team; and
- Strong organizational skills, punctuality, cultural competency, professionalism, and written and oral communication skills.
General Summary of Duties:
To assist with the planning, implementation, and evaluation of practice- and evidence-based violence prevention strategies and awareness activities.
- Uphold STSM’s mission to advocate for and support survivors of sexual assault and abuse and educate the community to prevent and recognize sexual violence.
- Provide superb delivery of prevention and awareness activities in a variety of settings, including youth and adult audiences.
- Assist CED in advancing STSM’s Strategic and Operational Plans regarding community education and outreach and other goals related to the agency and ensure overall quality assurance by researching and presenting new ideas for improvements to Education and Outreach Program.
- Plan and coordinate a variety of awareness events for the month of April (Sexual Assault Awareness Month), including Walk a Mile in Her Shoes awareness walk.
- Be available to represent STSM at health fairs and outreach events on weekends and after hours.
- Assist in hotline and hospital accompaniment at least three times per month.
- Other duties as assigned or required by grantors.
*Resumes accepted until position is filled. If interested, please email a cover letter, resume, and references to Kayce Singletary, Community Education Director at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in Sexual Trauma Services of the Midlands. Please visit our site again for future job postings that may relate to your experience and talents. We are always accepting new volunteer applications. Volunteering can be a great way to get to know more about STSM and gain experience to benefit your career path.